“It is my passion to inspire, encourage and teach others with what I know towards building their dreams, finding happiness and fulfillment in life”
Marlyna Los is an internationally-renowned Feng Shui and Chinese Metaphysics expert, author, consultant, speaker, and educator. Marlyna’s Feng Shui credentials go back to the early ’90s. Marlyna is a lifelong learner and has traveled the world to study with 8 different Chinese Masters and Grandmasters of Feng Shui, including Joey Yap. She was honored with the title of Master in 2006. She was honored 3x with distinction in Feng Shui and Advanced BaZi studies with Mastery Academy. Marlyna is an expert in advanced San He and San Yuan Feng Shui applications (Ba Zhai, Xuan Kong Fei Xing, Xuan Kong Da Gua), I Ching, Qi Men Dun Jia, and BaZi.
Marlyna formally founded the East-West Academy in 2005, a school consciously dedicated to the higher purpose, empowerment, and support of people to live better lives. Her classes combine the classical teachings of Feng Shui and Chinese Metaphysics along with psychology, and ancient spiritual and esoteric wisdom. She resides in Vancouver, Canada. Her book FENG SHUI – DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? was published in June 2012.
My Personal Story
“I am someone who always had a passionate curiosity about life, and especially wondered why life is the way it is. For more than 30 years I have researched philosophy, metaphysics, ancient studies, religions, and psychology –anything that addressed the question of what cosmic and earthly forces create and influence our lives and destiny“.
Since 1995, Asian Metaphysics -particularly Feng Shui- has captured my interest. It was fortunate that the first Feng Shui book I read was based on Classical and Traditional teachings. I learned that
It was fortunate that the first Feng Shui book I read was based on Classical and Traditional teachings. I learned that thousands of years ago, ancient Asian scholars observed how the forces of time and space are interconnected and that according to Feng Shui, our life and destiny are interdependent upon these forces. The Chinese traced their success and failure not only to their actions but also to the forces of the Earth. I learned the essential concept: that we are all part of a greater whole with the forces of Heaven and Earth interacting with Humanity in the middle. I discovered that what I had been describing as a feeling, the Chinese describe as Feng Shui. I was hooked –here lay the answers to many of my questions. I read that “correct”, or “good”, Feng Shui in our homes and businesses enhances our happiness and our lives. This knowledge excites me to this day.
I did not set out in life to be a Feng Shui practitioner. I studied Feng Shui initially as a way to understand and improve my own life. As my studies evolved, I learned that it is my path to bring Feng Shui knowledge and concepts to the western world. My life is now one of creating awareness of and improving surroundings; and in so doing, all of our lives are enhanced. With awareness comes choice, and with choice comes change.
“Together we are more. Helping you live a purposeful, meaningful life filled with opportunities, connection, insight, and light.”
- Continued Studies online with various teachers in Alchemy, Course of Miracles, Chinese Astrology, Feng Shui
- Amsterdam: Advanced Metaphysics and Alchemy with Sherwin Ng
- Egypt: Spiritual Trip and Studies with Sherwin Ng
- London, England: Advanced Metaphysics with Sherwin Ng
- Vancouver: Family Constellations Workshop with Mark Wolynn
- February – Vancouver -3 days – Behavioural Psychology workshops with Gordon Neufeld on Anxiety, Emotions and Attachment Theory
- April – Malaysia – 10 days – 60 Pillars Destiny Activation and 60 Pillars Master Class with Sherwin Ng
- April – Malaysia – 4 days Feng Shui Academy with Joey Yap
- March – Qi Men Dun Jia Class with Sherry Merchant in Vegas
- April – San Francisco – 3 Qi Men Dun Jia workshop with Joey Yap – Mastery Academy
- May – China Excursion – Visiting Ancient Taoist and Buddhist Temples and Studying Feng Shui in the Wudang and Yang Dang Mountains with Joey Yap
- June, July, and November – Levels 1, 2, and 3 with Gila Golub – Personal Growth Workshops.
- July: Holotropic Breathwork Workshops
- September – Xuan Kong Da Gua Workshop with Sherry Merchant – Vancouver, BC
- October – NYC – Feng Shui and Astrology 2017 and Qi Men Dun Jia with Joey Yap – Mastery Academy
Other Education and Personal Experience
- 2000 – Italy – 5 day Face Reading Course. In addition, I have over the year read approx. 30 books on Face Reading.
- 1995 – 1998. Western Astrology with the London School of Astrology – Three-year in-depth correspondence course. Prior to this course, I read approx. 200 books on Western Astrology. I am an adept Western Astrologer.
- 1993 – 2002 – I worked in Victoria BC managing three buildings that housed Hard to House adults with Mental, Drug, and Alcohol Issues. We had 3 buildings with 70 units of housing. I worked to create private-public partnerships with various levels of government to create supported housing. My main focus was on one particular building (The Apple) where we housed primarily hard-to-house schizophrenics with more than one diagnosis. These were people who were literally fallen in the cracks as multiple issues would prevent them from getting help, support, and better housing. During this time, I sat on various boards at all levels of the private and public sector to bring awareness and support to those with mental illness and drug and alcohol issues. I am proud to have been a part of a group that lobbied to have the first BC legislation passed that allowed restaurants, caterers, and grocery stores to donate food without fear of liability, (The Food Donor Encouragement Act – 1997).
- In addition, I spent many years reading and learning in my spare time while I was married and not married and raising three children. When my children were young I volunteered at the local little league, eventually spending three years as League President. I have three grown children, two boys, and a girl. My oldest son Nathan is an incredible artist who uses his talents as a world-class Tattoo Artist. My son Graham is a manager in the transportation business. My daughter Morgan is a civil engineer working currently on a hydro dam project.
- I was born and raised in Vancouver, lived in the late ’70s and early 80’s in Saskatoon, and Regina, moved to Victoria BC 1983 – to 2004. I lived in Australia in 2004 and 2005, in a wonderful small town called Warrnambool in Victoria at the end of the Great Ocean Rd. Since 2006 home is Vancouver B.C.
My Feng Shui Experience
Since 1998, I have worked with hundreds of residential and business clients. I help clients with new home selections and I work with existing homeowners and tenants using Feng Shui applications to create optimal spaces that support their desires and needs.
I work with Business clients to initially identify current and potential problems and then provide concrete recommendations and strategies so their businesses can thrive.
My business clients include:
- TD Bank, Chevron, Gensler, Stance, Brookfield, HOK, and Remax
- BC Government Ministry office
- B.C Mining and Engineering Firm
- Large development firm specializing in Seniors Assisted Living Complex
- Large Development firm with rental and business developments in BC, Alberta, and Manitoba
- Large Development firm specializing in Hospital and Medical Office construction
- Independent Jeweller and Artist
- Bankers and Hedge fund managers
- Doctors and Medical professionals
- University Professors
- Gift store
- Business Coaches
- Architects / Designers / Decorators
- Large and small business owners and entrepreneurs (large, small and home offices).