Looking back on my Year of the Earth Dog, and looking forward to 2019
I have to admit, a year ago I was a little apprehensive heading into the Year of the Earth Dog. The elements and influences of 2018 were not my favorite, and I had few positive stars shining on me.
Being an adept astrologer in both Chinese and Western systems, I knew I had to have the right mindset and be strategic in how I approached the year.
Why is that?
The Year of the Earth Dog foretold potential obstacles in several areas of my life.
While the future always may hold some unknowns, here’s what I know for sure: when you can prepare for what’s ahead, you can best align yourself with the future. By adjusting your actions, your Feng Shui, and, most importantly, your thoughts, you can best navigate the hills and valleys of the next year.
I was able to use my expertise to have the right attitude, and take the right actions to turn 2018 into a great year.
Did you know that the Chinese character for “crisis” and “opportunity” is the same? I love this. When you look at the world as if everything is happening for you, not to you, everything becomes an opportunity.
There is always something we can do to improve our life.
I like to use the analogy of a seed in a garden: in spring, you grow; in summer, you bear fruit; in autumn, you slow to prepare for winter; in winter, you rest.
People have cycles too, and by understanding the energy of 2018 I was able to work with it — not against it. I created a strategy from the teachings of my masters on how best to use Feng Shui and time to create the best outcome for myself.
The more focus you give to something, the more it grows (whether that’s positive or negative growth), which is why it’s so important to celebrate our success. It’s so easy to think of things you didn’t accomplish for any given day or year, and one of the best ways to turn that energy around is to recognize and celebrate what you did accomplish.
And so, here is some of what I did this last year:
- My new website was launched!
- I stepped out of my comfort zone and started sharing live videos.
- I taught a couple of brand new courses.
- In June I taught a new five-day advanced BaZi / metaphysics class, Turning Fate into Destiny, and in the fall I taught an Awaken Your Intuition / Tarot class — both so much fun!
- I started a monthly new moon circle with the senior students, where we meet monthly on the new moon.
- I continued to do a lot of inner, personal work from workshops (including an eight-day retreat in November) to regular breathwork and check-ins with professionals as needed, using different modalities to support myself.
- I started a regular morning practice of mindfulness and meditation. All this has resulted in changing me, and thus, changing the world around me.
Was 2018 challenging? Yes, in some aspects it was. But that’s OK, because it pointed me to where I needed to grow and work in my own life — and I did.
I am excited for 2019. My dream of working with and supporting conscious people to live in conscious environments that support them to do the positive work they do in the world, continues to happen and grow. Every month I meet and work with people who want to make a positive difference in this world, who understand “together, we are more.” If I can support you to do well, it has a ripple effect and we all do well.
I look forwarding to sharing with you in 2019, the Year of the Earth Boar:
- Continued live posts with tips and wisdoms
- Live classes available for you online
- New courses on the I Ching
- A new, in-depth BaZi course focusing on the 10 ways the 10 gods manifest in our charts
- A revamped version of my summer practitioner course
My wish for you in 2019, the Year of the Earth Boar, is a conscious, prosperous, peaceful, healthy and happy New Year!